An investigation by the North Bay Police Service Street Crime Unit resulted in a significant seizure of drugs this weekend.
On Saturday, a vehicle was stopped as it was returning to North Bay on Highway 17 West. The occupants were arrested and the vehicle searched.
The search revealed a 45 caliber handgun and a number of controlled drugs;
- 246 grams of cocaine
- 54 grams of Crystal Meth (Methamphetamine)
- 10.9 grams of Methamphetamine pills
- 4 Oxycodone pills
- 2 Hydro morphine pills
- 2 Codeine Contin pills
The total street value of the drugs seized is estimated at $38,355.
Also seized was $1,270 dollars in cash.
Police arrested a pair from North Bay, Allan Sway, 28 and Zoe Gates-Healey, a 20-year-old female.
Both are being been held in custody for a bail hearing today.
Both are charged with;
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking a Schedule 1 substance
- Possession of property obtained by crime,
- Possession of a restricted firearm,
- Unsafe storage of a firearm,
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm; and
- Carrying a concealed weapon.