Provincial police have made a big drug bust after stopping a vehicle for a traffic infraction on Highway 11 in Temagami June 5.
Investigation revealed that the driver was in possession of a suspected controlled substance.
He was arrested and the vehicle was searched. The officer seized a quantity of suspected oxycodone, methamphetamine, hydromorphone, cocaine, cannabis, hashish and some cash. The combined street value is over $25,000.
Sylvain Brochu, 58, of Hearst is charged with:
- Possession for the purpose of distributing
- Two counts of possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - opioid
- Possession of a Schedule I substance - methamphetamine
- Possession of a Schedule I substance - cocaine
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
Brochu was released by way of an undertaking and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on July 20, in Temiskaming Shores.