Huntsville OPP officers have charged four people and seized a loaded firearm along with drugs from a vehicle stopped for speeding yesterday on Highway 11 in Huntsville.
Just before midnight, OPP stopped the vehicle and following further investigation, four men in the vehicle were arrested and a loaded Glock 9mm handgun and baton were found inside. As well as 582.5 grams of methamphetamine, 46 grams of crack cocaine and 67 grams of Fentanyl were seized.
Three men from Brampton and one from Bradford are charged with:
- Four counts of possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Two counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammo
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Occupant of a motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Occupant of a motor vehicle knowing there was a prohibited device or ammunition
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Breach of firearms regulations - transport firearm or restricted weapon
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
One of the men was also charged with two counts of "Failure to comply with a release order" and another was charged with "Carrying a concealed weapon.
Three were held for bail and one was released on an undertaking.
OPP did not release the names or ages of the accused.