A collaboration of local community agencies is extending hours of operation during the extreme cold weather.
See: Extreme cold coming. Weather warning in effect
The following services are provided within the Cold Weather Protocol for people experiencing homelessness:
- Low Barrier Shelter located at 590 Chippewa Street – Hours of operation are extended in the morning. Services are for 21 beds that are available overnight
- Crisis Centre Four Elms – Services are 24/7, with 19 beds available
- Hotel Overflow – Crisis Centre may exceed the cap on hotel usage given availability in hotels
- Warming Centre at 590 Chippewa Street –Hours of operation are extended from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM to limit the gap between the closing of the Warming Centre and the opening of the Low Barrier Shelter. Currently open during the day, 7 days/week from 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Gathering Place –Extending hours 9:00 AM through 5:30 PM.
- Transit Terminal – Monday to Friday (8:30 AM to 8:30 PM), Saturday/Sunday (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)