Partners, Nipissing University and North Bay Canadian Federation of University Women are sponsoring two sessions of panel discussions later this month.
The event will be held Monday, September 30 at 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Nipissing with the subject "Perspectives on Schools Safety."
It will feature an overview by Dr. Vainio-Mattila, Vice President, Nipissing University with panel members:
- Dr Mike Parr, Faculty of Education Professor,
- Taylor Valnion, Faculty of Education second year student teacher
- Dr. Joe Madden,
- Chantal Phillips, North Bay and District Multicultural Centre,
- Christine Misch, Education Officer, Ministry of Education
- Gisele Hebert, Executive Director, Children’s Aid Society
Session Two will feature "Current Curriculum in Our Children’s Classrooms."
Presentations focus on perspectives on Safe and Accepting Schools from panelist’s experiences. highlighting suggestions, ideas and strategies you have that would enhance and support Safe and Accepting Schools practices.
The Ministry of Education has stated “Ontario schools should be a place where everyone – children, students, staff, parents and the community – feels welcome, safe and respected. A safe, inclusive and accepting school environment is essential for student well-being and achievement."