A novice driver faces eight charges and has his vehicle impounded after being stopped Saturday in Temiskaming Shores.
Shortly after 11:30 p.m., Temiskaming OPP stopped a vehicle for a traffic infraction, at Rorke Avenue and Main Street in Haileybury.
Further investigation revealed that the male driver had been consuming alcohol.
Madison Bolton, 21, of Temiskaming Shores was arrested and charged with:
- Adult operation while impaired - blood alcohol concentration (80 plus),
- Failure or refusal to comply with demand,
- Race a motor vehicle - Stunt,
- Novice Driver - Blood alcohol level (B.A.C.) above zero,
- Driver fail to surrender licence,
- Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle,
- Fail to notify change of address - licence, and
- Fail to surrender insurance card.
The vehicle was towed from the scene, and impounded. The accused was released by way of Promise to Appear.