The North Bay Police Service is looking for a part-time Special Constable.
According to a news release, "Special Constables are an important part of the North Bay Police Service’s team."
Special Constables help keep the community safe and the North Bay Police Service running efficiently and effectively by:
- Providing courthouse security;
- Undertaking prisoner escorts;
- Serving summonses and subpoenas.
The position of Part-time Special Constable receives compensation of $29.04 per hour + 8% in lieu of benefits and 5.4% vacation pay. There is no minimum guarantee of hours.
Part-time Special Constables must be available to work shifts and be available for call-ins at any time, as needed by the Police Service.
Applicants for the position of Part-time Special Constable must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- At least eighteen years of age;
- Physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position, having regard to his or her own safety, and the safety of the public;
- Of good moral character with no criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted;
- Be able to provide proof of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record;
- Be able to provide proof of educational minimum of a secondary school diploma or its official equivalent;
- Provide proof of a valid Standard First Aid certificate;
- Provide Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police Certificate (Information on obtaining your OACP Certificate is available at www.oacpcertificate.ca)
An exception is made for retired Police Officers within five years of retirement in good standing, as determined by the Chief of Police, but will be required to pass Use of Force and Fit Pin testing.
Candidates will be evaluated over several stages, which will include panel interviews, personality assessment, fitness assessment, background investigation, driving test, and Use of Force testing.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail their application package to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is August 4, 2021.