Canada’s Rural & Remote Broadband Conference has announced the line-up of speakers for the inaugural event which will be held in North Bay on November 12-14. A theme for the conference is how rural and remote broadband impacts economic development.
Nipissing MPP Vic Fedeli, Ontario’s Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade will keynote Wednesday’s lunch address.
Chris Seidl, Executive Director, Telecommunications for the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) headlines Wednesday evening’s dinner address. The CRTC is at the forefront of Canada’s efforts to facilitate the delivery of ubiquitous broadband across the nation.
Other speakers include, Chairman and Co-founder of the Intelligent Community Forum, John G. Jung who will tap his global and national experiences to illustrate how rural and remote communities can maximize their urban planning models.
Strathcona Regional District Senior Manager of Strategic Initiatives, Victoria Smith will explore the rural digital divide and how investment in broadband is a key factor in addressing economic development, rural outmigration, and community well-being.
Matt Stein, Distributel’s Chief Executive Officer and President & Chairman of the Canadian Network Operators Consortium (CNOC) will close out the conference with his keynote during Thursday’s lunch session. He was honoured to be the recipient of the Top Canadian Telecom CEO Award for 2019, which recognizes leadership in communications, innovation, and social responsibility.
Additional speakers include:
- Rob McCann – Founder, Clearcable Networks and President, Hamilton Technology Centre
- Stephen Eyre – Area Vice President, Calix Cloud & Smart Home, and Business Solutions
- Dr. Reza Rajabiun – Research Fellow, Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management at Ryerson University
- Greg O’Brien – Editor-In-Chief, Cartt.ca
- Laura Bradley – General Manager, YorkNet
- Ron Pickett – President, RDM Management Group
- Melanie Pilon – Economic Development Officer, Community and Economic Development Corporation of Dubreuilville
- David Bernardi – Manager, Business Excellence & Analytics, OEC
- Nick Riddel - Program Manager, UTS Consultants, an OEC Company
Check out the detailed agenda and speaker profiles here.
The agenda, available here, is focused on educating and informing community leaders and related stakeholders about the challenges and options surrounding the implementation of broadband solutions in their regions and the evolving technological landscape, specifically in rural and remote areas.
Please click here for registration packages and details.