On June 6 a North Bay Police Officer conducted a traffic stop on Fourth Avenue East in North Bay.
Turns out the driver was suspended and also obstructed police by supplying a false name. The male driver and a female passenger, both from North Bay, were arrested.
Justin Desrochers, 37, is charged with:
- Two counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking,
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime,
- Obstructing Police; and
- Breach of Probation.
Cheyanne Bird, 18, is charged with;
- Two counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Bird was arrested a search was conducted which resulted in the police finding and seizing;
- $1,120 in cash
- Approximately 22 grams of crystal methamphetamine
- Approximately 50 grams of cocaine
Both were released from police custody and will appear in the North Bay Courthouse on July 30.