Significant snowfall is possible Saturday into Saturday night.
A winter storm is expected to impact the province beginning Saturday morning. Parts of northeastern Ontario could receive 15 to 20 cm of snow by Sunday morning.
Some areas may also receive ice pellets mixed in with the snow, which would reduce the total snowfall amount.
There is still uncertainty in the track of this system, which would determine the location of the heaviest snowfall. Weather warnings may be issued as this event approaches.
A Special weather statement is in effect for:
- North Bay - Powassan - Mattawa
- West Nipissing - French River
- Greater Sudbury
- South River - Burk's Falls
- Bayfield Inlet - Dunchurch
- Temiskaming Shores - Temagami
- Kirkland Lake - Englehart
- Huntsville - Baysville
- Town of Parry Sound - Rosseau - Killbear Park