A Callander man faces numerous charges after a violent incident in the town early this morning after a 911 call alerted police.
Police say that Monday evening while the man was at home, he threatened and assaulted a family member and prevented her from leaving the house.
He is also accused of damaging a household object.
Once police arrived and announced to the man he was under arrest, he resisted by attempting to assault police, according to a news release.
Following a search after the arrest, police seized as evidence a flare gun that had been loaded with a 12-gauge shotgun shell.
Arrested and charged is a 20-year old Callander man with:
- One count of uttering threats to cause death;
- One count of mischief under $5,000;
- One count of forcible confinement;
- One count of assault;
- One count of assault with intent to resist arrest;
- One count of possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm;
- One count of careless use of a firearm; and
- One count of breach of probation.
Police say in the interest of protecting the identity of the victim, who was not physically injured as a result of this incident, they will not be releasing the name of the man, who was held in custody pending a bail hearing.