The Province's "Sunshine" list was released today and there are plenty of local people on it.
All agencies that receive public funding from the province must disclose the names, positions and salaries of each employee paid $100,000 or more in a calendar year and it applies to municipalities, school boards, hospitals, universities, colleges, many charities, and the Ontario public service.
See: Public sector salary disclosure 2017
Here's a sampling.
There are 168 sunshine listers on the City of North Bay list.
The most interesting case is that of former CEO Jerry Knox who retired almost two years ago (June 2016) and is listed as a Corporate Advisor. He's the second highest paid on the list at $203,908.
Mayor Al McDonald has refused in the past to explain what the job description of a Corporate Advisor is, or what role Knox now plays with the city.
A text to the Mayor asking for comment was not returned,
City of North Bay (168)
- Police Chief Shawn Devine $206,820
- Corporate Advisor Jerry Knox $$203,908
- CEO Keith Robicheau $183,016
There are 26 employees of Canadore College on the list.
It's led by:
- President George Burton, $245,552
- Mary O'Farrell Bowers, $181,019
- VP Shawn Chorney, $168,000
- VP Richard Peters $168,000
Ontario Northland: (50)
- President Corina Moore, $243,493
- VP Dennis Higgs, $154,901
- Locomotive engineer Brian Irwin, $152,155
NE Local Health Integration Network (59)
- VP Richard Joly $344,620
- CEO Louie Paquette $299,751
- VP Dr. Paul Preston $242,308
- Interim CEO Kathleen Fyfe $228,307
- VP Terry Tilleczek, $201,246
West Nipissing Hospital (8)
- Pres. Cynthia Desormiers $198,127
- R.N. Helene Shank $138,208
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit (12)
- Medical Office of Health Jim Chirico $311,249
- Dentist Leith Maal-Bared $147,316