The autumnal equinox arrives this evening at. 9:04, so perhaps it is fitting that the first frost advisory of the season also pays a visit.
This date marks the start of fall in the northern hemisphere.
The weather forecast calls for a. 30 per cent chance of showers early this evening with wind from the northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50, but becoming light late this evening. The low will be near plus 1 with patchy frost
Frost may damage sensitive fruit trees and vegetable plants as temperatures are expected to drop near the freezing mark tonight and into early Friday morning.
Cover up your plants, especially those in frost-prone areas and take preventative measures to protect frost-sensitive trees.
A frost advisory has been issued for:
- North Bay - Powassan - Mattawa
- Greater Sudbury and vicinity,
- West Nipissing - French River
- Bayfield Inlet - Dunchurch
- South River - Burk's Falls
- Bracebridge - Gravenhurst
- Huntsville - Baysville
- Port Carling - Port Severn
- Town of Parry Sound - Rosseau - Killbear Park
Frost advisories are issued when temperatures are expected to reach the freezing mark during the growing season, leading to potential damage and destruction to plants and crops.