There are a total of 25 active forest fires across the north-east region, with six new fires discovered by mid-afternoon on July 5, of these, five remain not under control.
But Jason Whiteley, North Bay's Fire Chief is more concerned with the future with dry conditions forecasted for the region.
"Fire conditions in the area are low to moderate, however with the past weeks hot and dry weather and another week of forecasted hot weather; area fire services are closely monitoring the conditions," said Whiteley in a release.
The North Bay, Callander, East Ferris, and Nipissing fire services have not yet issued fire bans, but Whiteley say they are asking people to be diligent with their outdoor burning.
The fire services would like to remind everyone to take the following precautions:
- Consider having a smaller fire then what is allowed in your permit
- Ensure you use a spark arrester
- Be aware of wind conditions
- Never leave a fire unattended and always have a method to extinguish the fire
- Ensure the fire is completely extinguished when finished
- Report out of control fires immediately
Whiteley says if conditions change or there is an increase of fires locally, area municipalities may order a fire ban.