Kirkland Lake OPP say a teenage snowmobiler who fled from police, now faces a slew of charges.
On December 30 police tried to conduct a traffic stop on a snowmobile in Kirkland Lake for a driving violation.
The rider accelerated away from the police cruiser and failed to stop for the officer.
However, police were able to identify the sled and on January 11, Sylas Friesen,18, of Kirkland Lake, was arrested and charged with:
- Flight from peace officer
- Drive - no insurance
- Speeding in excess of 20 km/h, on a highway where the limit is 50 km/h or less
- Drive MSV, permit not issued
- Fail to notify of change of ownership
- No Licence - drive along a highway
- Disobey sign
- Fail to signal for a turn
Friesen was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on February 13 in Kirkland Lake.