Fire, paramedics and police rushed to a Sunday afternoon fire at a home in the 1300 block of Cedargrove Drive.
The lone person who was inside the multi-unit home escaped unharmed and North Bay Fire Platoon Chief Mike Hives and witnesses confirm firefighters carried two dogs from the home and administered oxygen to the pets.
"The dogs were in pretty bad condition," at the time of rescue, advises Hives. "They did provide oxygen to the dogs and they have since been walking around. It looks like they'll live."
According to Hives, North Bay Fire and Emergency Services got the call shortly after 3 p.m. and crews from both Station 1 and 2 arrived at the house, located across from Woodlands Public School within minutes. He says the crews managed to contain the damage from a likely cooking fire to one area of the home, adding the kitchen is gutted from flames and heavy smoke, resulting in approximately $50,000 damage.
"It was a structure fire, a possible grease fire in the kitchen but it is out now. There was heavy smoke visible upon arrival," Hives tells BayToday.