North Bay Police arrested a man Tuesday for attempting to sell a handgun.
Police received a tip that the man, who had been staying at a motel on Lakeshore Drive, was trying to sell the weapon.
The gun and numerous other items were seized, including.
- one .22 calibre pistol,
- one silver black powder revolver
- one starter pistol
- one pellet gun
- 20 cartridges of .270 calibre rifle ammunition
- 100 cartridges of .22 calibre long rifle ammunition
- A crossbow
The investigation resulted in the arrest of Brian Conlin, 29, of St, Thomas. He is charged with:
- Trafficking a firearm
- Two counts of unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm
- Two counts of knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Fail to comply with a release order.
Conlin remains in custody pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse.
Anyone with information that may assist police with this investigation is asked to call the North Bay Police Service at 705-497-5555.
For those who wish to remain anonymous, contact Near North Crime Stoppers, by calling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).