Local restaurants are responding to Ontario's State of Emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has asked all bars and restaurants in Ontario to close other than those that offer takeout and delivery.
Cecil's Brewhouse and Kitchen has sent out a release stating it is still operating takeout, pickup and delivery services.
"We will be posting regular updates on our social media platforms," stated John Lechlitner, the Cecil's President and General Manager stated.
"We are a proud local company and look forward to working in our community to get through this unprecedented and difficult time."
Meantime, BurgerWorld on Algonquin and Hammond, Lot 88 Steakhouse & Bar, and Syl's Neighbourhood Kitchen have announced via social media that they are temporarily closing until further notice.
Burgerworld on Hammond will reopen Thursday, March 19 for call-in, pickup, delivery from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. while Burgerworld on Algonquin also announced its opening again for delivery on Thursday.
Residents tell BayToday that Drive-Thru traffic at fast food locations such as Wendy's, McDonald's and the new Dairy Queen Grill and Chill are experiencing long lineups close to the lunch and supper hour.
Here's a list of local restaurants that are still staying open for delivery or take out:
- Cecil's Brewhouse and Kitchen, Gd2Go, Dave's Green Papaya, Zack's Corner Restaurant, Dr Pizza
- Casey's,Twigg's Coffee Roasters, Starbucks, Tim Horton's, Laurentian Cafe, Greco's Pizza & Pasta Algonquin
- Ivan's, The Portage, East Side Mario's, The Station, Hoagies Diner, Cedar Tree, Hit the Spot, The Cedar Tree
- The Moose Cookhouse, The Fork Chip Stand, Wendy's, McDonald's, Dairy Queen Grill and Chill, Greco's Pizza & Pasta Lakeshore
- Lou Dawgs, Mr. Pancho, 1886 Lake House Bistro, Terry's Place, Indra's Curry House
- Pizza Hut, Subway. Mr. Sub, Boston Pizza, Bay Truck Stop, Milano's Pizza, White Owl Bistro
A local Facebook page called "Distance Socially...Eat Locally" North Bay & Area has been created to help local residents navigate who is still open.
BayToday asks any restaurants that we have missed to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.