The North Bay-Parry Sound District Health Unit will be offering free community flu shot clinics throughout the first two weeks of November.
"Individuals six months and older are encouraged to get their flu shot," the Health Unit stated in a release Monday.
Those who are not able to attend a clinic can visit a local pharmacy, make an appointment with their primary health care provider or call the Health Unit at 1-844-478-1400 to book an appointment.
“Last year we saw a historically low number of influenza cases, which was likely related to measures put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This year, due to increased social interactions and gatherings we expect to see an increase in the flu compared to last year,” explains Elizabeth Mete, Public Health Nurse.
“The flu shot is free and is the best way to protect yourself and others from getting the flu.”
The clinics will take place at the following locations:
- Wednesday, Nov. 3, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Magnetawan Municipal Office
- Friday, Nov. 5, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Sundridge Strong Joly (SSJ) Arena
- Sunday, Nov. 7, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Stockey Centre in Parry Sound
- Monday, Nov. 8, 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Mattawa Golden Age Club
- Wednesday, Nov.10, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Marcel Noël Hall in Sturgeon Falls
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Elks Lodge in North Bay
Visit myhealthunit.ca for more information on the flu and the flu vaccine.