The Compassionate Committee for the Homeless in North Bay is producing Backpacks of Love filled with donated essential items.
The first drop-off day generated 45 backpacks.
"We need the community of North Bay’s generosity to reach our goal of 200 backpacks," a release stated.
The "Compassionate Committee for the Homeless in North Bay" is a conduit between existing support services and organizations that address the immediate needs of the near homeless and homeless, and the various church parishes and congregations, according to the group's Facebook page.
The New Apostolic Church at 46 Joseph St. will be accepting drop-offs from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 10, and Saturday, July 24.
New items needed include:
- silver emergency blankets - reusable water bottles
- tarps - mini first aid kits
- small flashlights with batteries - package of masks
- lip balm - rain ponchos
- deodorant - sun hats/ball caps
- hairbrushes - towelettes/wipes
- sunscreen (cream) - toilet paper - feminine hygiene products - drawstring bags
- socks – light and heavy - reusable bags (all sizes)
- reusable water bottles
- mini first aid kits
- package of masks
- rain ponchos
- sun hats/ball caps
- toilet paper
- drawstring bags
- reusable bags (all sizes)
For more information about the Backpacks of Love, please contact Rebecca at 705-471-2473.