Two people from Burk's Falls have been arrested by Huntsville OPP and now face impaired, weapons and drug-related offences after a traffic stop Sunday.
On August 08 at 3:55 p.m., an officer saw a car being driven in a "concerning manner" on Muskoka Road 3 North, in Huntsville.
"The officer conducted a traffic stop and observed the driver of the car showing signs of impairment and open alcohol was in plain view in the car," says Constable Jeff Handsor.
The male driver was arrested. Police seized:
- 1.07g of suspected cocaine,
- .022g of suspected crack cocaine
- 3.16 g of suspected psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms),
- 2.11 g of cannabis
- a machete
As a result, Peter Everett, 40, of Burks Falls is charged with:
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Operation of a motor vehicle while Impaired
- Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available
- Drive motor vehicle with open liquor
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance
- Possession of a schedule II substance
The female passenger in the car, Randi Boland, 31, of Burks Falls, is charged with possession of a schedule 1 substance.
Both were released from custody and are scheduled to appear on September 15 in the Ontario Court of Justice Huntsville.