This Victoria Day long weekend, Almaguin Highlands OPP were busy patrolling local towns and highways.
Officers focused on aggressive driving, speeding, distracted driving and impaired operation.
As a result, over 125 Provincial Offence notices were issued:
- 86 charges for speeding
- Four charges for stunt driving,
- 10 charges for drivers not having an insurance card
- 10 failing to move over for an emergency vehicle or tow truck
- One Liquor Licence Act charge
- One driver was charged with having no insurance
- One for driving with cannabis readily available
- One for driving a commercial motor vehicle not equipped with a working speed limiting system