On October 19 at 8:30 a.m. East Algoma OPP received a call regarding a driver passed out in a parked vehicle on Westhill Road in Elliot Lake.
The tipster reported that a man was passed out in the driver's seat of a silver Jeep. Police checked it out and spoke to the driver.
A half empty bottle of liquor was on the passenger seat and the driver exhibited signs of impairment. He was arrested, and in his possession was:
- a used crack pipe,
- small baggies,
- digital scale,
- numerous cell phones,
- two open bottles of liquor,
- 12 grams of cocaine,
- 44 Xanax pills,
- 55 grams of crystal meth,
- 30 milliliters of Pyrantel Pamoate.
Botuli (Sam) Ilanga, 39, from Elliot Lake is charged with:
- Operation while impaired - alcohol and drugs
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the purpose of trafficking - cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule III Substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of a Schedule IV Substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the purpose of trafficking - methamphetamine
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
His driver's licence was suspended and the vehicle was towed and impounded.
Ilanga was scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Blind River Friday.