Male observed shoplifting
On Mar. 21, 2017 at 8:20 p.m. an officer from the North Bay Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) was asked to assist an employee from a local store with a male party who was observed shoplifting. The male was located outside the store in the parking lot.
Cory Robertson, 25 of North Bay, was arrested and charged with:
- Theft under $5,000 - Shoplifting contrary to section 334(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CC).
- Resisting a peace officer contrary to section 129(a) of the CC.
- Three counts of assaulting a peace officer contrary to section 270(1)(a) of the CC.
- Two counts of mischief under $5,000 contrary to section 430(4) of the CC.
- Two counts of fail to comply with probation order 733.1(1) contrary to the CC.
The accused was held in custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in North Bay on Mar. 30, 2017.