OPP officers in Temiskaming Shores have made a significant drug seizure.
On March 31, at approximately 11 p.m. police executed a search warrant at a Pine Ave. home.
Once inside the OPP located and seized a substantial quantity of suspected Purple Fentanyl with a street value of approximately $15,600, stolen property, over $1,800 in cash and drug paraphernalia.
Normand Maille, 53, of Temiskaming Shores, was arrested and charged with:
- Trafficking in schedule I substance - opioid (other than heroin)
- Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
- Six counts of possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to a prohibition order
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime
Maille was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice inTemiskaming Shores, on June 9.