Temiskaming OPP say one person suffered serious non-life-threatening injuries and was immediately rushed to hospital in one of two separate attacks in Temiskaming Shores Aug. 6.
The attacks took place on Lakeshore Road shortly before 7:30 p.m. and involved death threats.
The second victim was not injured.
The attacker, a 36-year-old resident of Notre-Dame-du-Nord, Quebec, and known to the victims, is under arrest and charged with:
- Aggravated assault
- Four counts of failure to comply with release order
- Fail to comply with a probation order
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Uttering threats - cause death or bodily harm
- Assault with a weapon - spousal
- Uttering threats - cause death of bodily harm - spousal
The accused is being held for a bail hearing and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice at a later date in Temiskaming Shores.
The OPP will not be releasing the name of the accused in order to protect the identity of the victims.