$440,600 is going to six local non-profit organizations to help to rebuild and recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The money has been provided through the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s $83 million Resilient Communities Fund.
“Non-profit organizations are a crucial and valued part of any community, especially here in Nipissing,” said MPP Vic Fedeli. “Countless people rely on their services every day, and even in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, they still deliver.”
Local recipients of OTF’s Resilient Communities Fund includes:
- $111,100 for One Kids Place. Funding will support children and families across the area by developing new fundraising strategies and purchasing a new data management system.
- $92,100 for Les Compagnon des francs loisirs. Funding will support the developing digital infrastructure and fundraising strategies, and hiring a technician to make online artistic and cultural experiences available for Francophones living in Northern Ontario communities.
- $85,500 for the Brain Injury Association of North Bay and Area. Funding will support hiring a coordinator to oversee a virtual response plan, developing new fundraising strategies, and purchasing computers for persons with Acquired Brain Injuries to stay connected.
- $75,000 for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Bay and District. Funding will assist by continuing to support young people by developing new methods of fundraising, volunteer recruitment and training, and delivering online programs.
- $56,800 for Victim Services of Nipissing District. Funding will provide support by adapting programming to alleviate the pressure on staff and volunteers, redesign fundraising strategies, and purchasing technological equipment.
- $20,100 for Creative Industries North Bay Inc. Funding will support upgrading computer and software technology to better support digital working structures, upgrading the website and re-designing programming for online delivery.
The Resilient Communities Fund provides grants of up to $150,000 to eligible non-profit organizations to cover a broad and flexible range of needs, such as mental and physical health and wellbeing supports for staff or volunteers.