Fall has arrived and some of the amenities in North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority’s (NBMCA) conservation areas will be closed for the winter.
The public is welcome to visit NBMCA’s conservation areas throughout the fall, winter and spring. Each season offers a unique outdoor experience in every conservation area. It’s important to dress accordingly, wear proper footwear for the ground conditions, and stay off lakes, rivers and pond during freeze up and thaws when ice conditions are questionable.
NBMCA does not provide maintenance within the conservation areas in the off-season, so we close the following amenities until the spring:
- Papineau Lake Conservation Area: dock removed. Re-installed next spring.
- Mattawa Island Conservation Area: washrooms closed
- Elks Beach Conservation Area: washrooms closed; gates close when snow flies.
- LaVase Portages Conservation Area: gates close when snow flies.
- Eau Claire Gorge Conservation Area: gates and washrooms close at the end of October.
- Kate Pace Way & Kinsmen Trail: no snow removal or maintenance in the winter