Procrastinating about taking those studded tires off?
An Elliot Lake man did, and those studs led to multiple drug charges.
On June 16, at approximately 8:38 p.m., OPP officers were conducting regular patrol duties in Elliot Lake when a vehicle drove by with studded snow tires.
The car was stopped, as studded tires are required to be removed by June 1st.
When police spoke to the male driver, marijuana was seen in the vehicle and a strong odour of marijuana was coming from inside the vehicle. A search resulted in the seizure of:
- 68 Oxycodone pills,
- 15.5 methamphetamine tablets,
- 3.4 grams of hash oil, and
- 0.4 grams of marijuana.
Now, David Jack Willett, 27, of Elliot Lake, is charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - Oxycodone,
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking -methamphetamine,
- Possession of a Schedule II substance - Cannabis resin - under 1 gram,
Willett will appear in court in Elliot Lake, on August 1.