Nipissing West OPP used a spike belt yesterday after receiving a traffic complaint regarding a vehicle speeding and driving in an unsafe manner on Highway 17 in Baldwin Township.
Police saw the vehicle on Highway 17 near Lorne Falls Road in Greater Sudbury but the driver fled. A spike belt was deployed successfully and the vehicle was safely stopped and the driver was arrested.
Gurwinder Sodhi, 28, of Brampton is charged with:
- Two counts of operation while prohibited
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Flight from a peace officer
- Dangerous operation
- Failure to comply with a release order
- Driving while under suspension
Sodhi is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice bail Court on July 21 in Espanola.