When a man entered the Tim Horton's on Cassells St. in the early hours of yesterday morning it wasn't to get the usual double-double and a donut to go.
The man demanded money from an employee.
Following a brief fight, the robber fled the scene with no money.
No weapons were seen or used and there were no injuries involved.
When police arrived they found the man at a nearby building stealing mail from a mailbox. Initially, the man provided a false name but eventually was properly identified.
Noel Petrie, 21, of North Bay is charged with:
- One count of Attempted Robbery
- One count of wear disguise with intent
- One count of Breaching his Probation Order
- One count of Theft of Mail
- One count of Obstruct Police
Petrie was held in custody pending a bail hearing