Today's COVID-19 update from Public Health Ontario includes 158 new cases, 171 recoveries and four deaths.
The July 28 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- 1,378 active, lab-confirmed cases.
- 118 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19.
- There are 122 patients in intensive care units with COVID-related illness (of those, 37 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- 83 people are on ventilators due to COVID-related illness (of those, 18 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- The province reported 13,644 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a one-per-cent positivity rate.
- There are 7,222 tests still awaiting processing, and the provincial labs have processed almost 16.5 million tests to date.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 549,734 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 539,031 recoveries and 9,325 deaths.
There were 94,115 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered yesterday. In terms of total doses, 19,204,544 have been administered in Ontario. In total, 8,779,459 people have been fully vaccinated in Ontario.