A 48-year-old West Nipissing resident is facing multiple charges relating to a number of historical domestic assault incidents.
Members of the West Nipissing OPP started the investigation into the historical domestic assault incidents which allegedly occurred in June and July of 2019 in Field.
As a result of the investigation, with the assistance of members from the Nipissing West OPP Crime Unit, a 48-year-old person, from Field, was arrested and charged with:
- Assault - Spousal, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Sexual Assault, contrary to section 271 of the CC;
- Assault Cause Bodily Harm - Spousal, contrary to section 267(b) of the CC;
- Assault Cause Bodily Harm - Choke, Suffocate or Strangle, contrary to section 267(c) of the CC;
- Forcible Confinement, contrary to section 279(2) of the CC;
- Uttering Threats - Cause Death or Bodily Harm - Spousal (Three Counts), contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC;
- Careless Use of Firearm, contrary to section 86(1) of the CC;
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (Two Counts), contrary to section 117.01(1) of the CC;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm, contrary to section 91(1) of the CC; and
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm, contrary to section 92(1) of the CC.
The accused remains in custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice - Bail Court (video conferencing) on July 9, 2020 in North Bay.