Today's COVID-19 update from Public Health Ontario includes 226 new cases, 148 recoveries and 11 deaths. This is the fifth day in a row that the daily case count has risen.
The July 29 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- 1,491 active, lab-confirmed cases.
- 108 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19.
- There are 117 patients in intensive care units with COVID-related illness (of those, 31 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- 77 people are on ventilators due to COVID-related illness (of those, 18 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- The province reported 20,993 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 1.3-per-cent positivity rate.
- There are 6,956 tests still awaiting processing, and the provincial labs have processed more than 16.5 million tests to date.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 550,178 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 539,348 recoveries and 9,339 deaths.
There were 83,907 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered yesterday. In terms of total doses, 19,377,608 have been administered in Ontario. In total, 8,919,362 people have been fully vaccinated in Ontario.