A 33-year-old North Bay man is facing multiple charges including attempted murder relating to an incident on Cassells Street in North Bay on Sunday morning.
Police allege that on July 4, shortly after 10:30 a.m., the accused attended a residence in the 1700 block of Cassells Street. The accused forcibly gained entry to the residence. Two adults in the residence fled on foot as the accused entered the residence.
Police say the accused pursued the adult male who had fled the residence and assaulted him with a knife.
Police arrived at the scene as the assault was in progress and arrested the accused.
The male victim received injuries requiring medical attention.
A search of the accused by police incident to the arrest resulted in the seizure of;
- a small quantity of suspected fentanyl
- a small quantity of suspected cocaine.
- a prohibited weapon (a switchblade knife).
Police note that the accused and the victim are not known to each other.
As a result, Calvin Larondeau, age 33, was arrested and charged with the following:
- One count of Attempt Murder;
- One count of Break, Enter and commit an Indictable offence
- One count of Aggravated Assault
- One count of Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Person;
- Two counts of Assault with a Weapon;
- Two counts of Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance;
- One count of Possession of a Prohibited Weapon;
- Four counts of Breaching a Prohibition Order; and
- One count of Breach of Probation.
The accused has been held in custody pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse on July 5th.