A 29-year-old North Bay man is facing multiple charges including assault and drug offences relating to an early morning incident on Wednesday on First Avenue West in North Bay.
"On July 14 at approximately 5:45 a.m., members of the North Bay Police Service responded in the 100-block of First Avenue West to reports of an individual who had sustained injuries," the North Bay Police stated in a release.
The victim and the accused, who are known to one another, were involved in an altercation in which the victim sustained non-life-threatening injuries from an edged weapon.
The accused is alleged to have then fled the scene.
The victim was transported to the hospital and treated for undetermined injuries.
Police were able to identify the accused using CCTV footage from the area.
At approximately 5 p.m. on the same day, the accused was arrested at a residence in the 100-block of Duke Street East, North Bay.
A police search revealed approximately 104 methamphetamine tablets, approximately 4 grams of crystal methamphetamine, along with a quantity of Canadian currency.
Tyler Charles Loucks, age 29, of North Bay is charged with:
- One count of Assault Causing Bodily Harm
- One count of Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- One count of Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
- One count of Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- One count of Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- One count of Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order
Loucks remains in custody pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse.