Ahead of Wednesday's provincial vaccine certificate launch, Medical Officer of Health Dr. Jim Chirico is reaffirming the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit's support of the program.
"The program targets non-essential locations throughout the province that are at high risk of spreading the virus," explains Chirico.
As of Wednesday, proof of vaccination will be required in certain settings, including, but not limited to, indoor dining in restaurants, indoor areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities, indoor areas of concert venues, theatres and cinemas, indoor areas of meeting and event spaces, and indoor areas of casinos, bingo halls, and other gaming establishments.
For frequently asked questions on the new requirement by Ontario for proof of vaccination in certain settings, click here.
"As we move to the vaccine certificate, the Health Unit is here to help answer your questions, provide vaccinations, download your vaccine certificate — and if you don't have access to a computer or the internet — print your certificate for you," advises Chirico. The Health Unit is also offering a vaccination policy toolkit for businesses.
Besides in paper form, proof of vaccination can be provided digitally by downloading your COVID-19 vaccination record.
"As of October 22nd, the province will be launching a QR code system for establishments to monitor vaccination status more easily," Chirico adds. "Once available for download, we will continue to support the people in this district to navigate this change."
The Health Unit is holding COVID-19 vaccine clinics this week throughout the district. Individuals who wish to receive a first or second dose are invited to walk in without an appointment and should bring a health card or other form of identification, if possible. Individuals eligible for a third dose can also attend clinics if they have the required documentation, as well as identification. Clinics will offer both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
Clinics in the district this week include:
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 at Canadian Tire (890 McKeown Ave., North Bay) from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 at North Bay Mall (300 Lakeshore Dr., North Bay) from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 23 at Elks Lodge (325 Elks Ln., North Bay) from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 24 at Emsdale Community Centre (20 Joseph St., Emsdale) from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Friday, Sept. 24 at Burk’s Falls Municipal Office (172 Ontario St., Burk’s Falls) from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 25 at Carling Township Office (2 Carling Bay Rd., Carling) from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.