Winter weather travel advisory is in effect for Saturday afternoon and evening.
Snow squalls are expected over the area in strong southwesterly winds. These scattered snow squalls are expected to suddenly cause visibility to be reduced to near zero. Snowfall amounts near 5 cm are possible by the time snow squalls taper to flurries late Saturday evening.
Avoid travel if possible. Snow squalls cause weather conditions to vary considerably; changes from clear skies to heavy snow within just a few kilometres are common.
A weather advisory is in effect for:
- North Bay - Powassan - Mattawa
- West Nipissing - French River
- Greater Sudbury
- Temagami -Temiskaming Shores
- South River - Burk's Falls
- Bayfield Inlet - Dunchurch
- Huntsville - Baysville
- Town of Parry Sound - Rosseau - Killbear Park