It's never a good idea to pass a police car if you are speeding.
Throw in no plates and no insurance...now that's a recipe for trouble.
But that's what happened on the afternoon of May 22.
West Parry Sound OPP officers were patrolling Highway 69 in Carling Township when they were passed by a motorcycle travelling at "an extremely high rate of speed" in the same direction.
The motorcycle and its rider were located on Horseshoe Lake Road in Seguin Township.
Mishael Lansiquot, 26 of Ottawa, Ontario, was arrested and charged with:
- Dangerous operation of motor vehicle
- Flight from a peace officer
- Drive motor vehicle - perform stunt - speeding by 50+ km/h
- Drive motor vehicle - no plates
- Drive motor vehicle - improper licence
- Owner operates a vehicle on the highway with no insurance
Lansiquot is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Parry Sound on July 23 and was issued a notice of driver's licence suspension and notice of vehicle impoundment.