Nipissing West OPP say a man that is prohibited from driving or possessing weapons, has been arrested after driving a car containing weapons.
Yesterday afternoon police conducted a traffic stop on John Street in Sturgeon Falls and arrested the driver.
The vehicle was searched and police seized:
- edged weapons
- a firearm with ammunition
- a replica firearm
- a small number of drugs suspected to be crystal meth and methamphetamine tablets.
As a result of the investigation, David Lanktree, 41, from West Nipissing is charged with:
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of an imitation weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Operation while prohibited under the criminal code
- Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
- Two counts of driving while under suspension
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - methamphetamine
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking- other drugs
Lanktree was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on December 2 in Wes Nipissing.