Local mining and service companies got more than $2.3 million through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund today said Nipissing MPP Vic Fedeli.
It will help create 46 full-time and two part-time jobs.
- $1.4 million for Foraco Canada to buy mining tools and equipment that enable them to expand the business by opening new underground core and percussive drilling divisions.
- $250,000 for Drillco Mining and Exploration to design, engineer and manufacture a modular mast system that can be broken down for shipping and used in either surface or underground operations, allowing them to market their modular drilling system.
- $337,164 for Paige Engineering to design and develop remote explosive loading technology for mining and construction. They are also working on modifying the main ingredients in explosives into a more cost-effective product.
- $200,000 for SafeSight Exploration to purchase unmanned drones and modify them for use in underground mines.
“These investments in Ontario’s northern mining supply and service industry are making the mining sector in the Nipissing area more competitive,” said Fedeli.
He also announced more than $120,000 in four Northern Ontario Internship Program positions.
- $31,500 for the North Bay General Hospital Foundation to hire a community events assistant intern to market and promote the community’s healthcare needs.
- $31,500 for Yes Employment Services to hire a communications and marketing intern.
- $27,846 for Nipissing District Developmental Screen to hire a parent education and training intern to educate parents about the Looksee Checklist, a developmental checklist for infants and children up to age six.
- $30,888 for Nature and Outdoor Tourism Ontario to hire a research and stakeholder relations intern.