The North Bay Police Service arrested and charged a 47-year-old male with multiple drug trafficking and sex offences.
The accused in this matter is Shane Scott Willard Campbell, male, age 47, of North Bay, who is charged with:
- Four counts of sexual assault on a person under 16 years of age
- Four counts of sexual interference
- Three counts of trafficking a schedule I substance
- One count of invitation to sexual Touching under 16 years of age
- One count of possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
As part of an investigation, police received information that on several occasions throughout October 2023, the accused provided illegal drugs to two underage victims. Police say, on multiple occasions, the accused sexually assaulted the victims.
As part of the investigation, a member of the North Bay Police Service working in an undercover capacity, engaged with the accused and arranged to purchase a quantity of illegal drugs from the accused.
On November 15, 2023, when the accused attended the predetermined location to fulfill the transaction, police arrested the accused.
The accused and victims are not known to one another.
Searches by police resulted in the seizure of:
- Approximately 18 grams of suspected cocaine
- A Toyota pickup truck (as offence-related property)
The estimated street value of the drugs seized is approximately $1,850
The accused was held pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse.