Powassan OPP officers got more than they bargained for when they answered a complaint of a domestic dispute in Powassan yesterday.
While completing the investigation, a search of the house resulted in police finding a firearm and drugs, suspected to be methamphetamine and cocaine.
A 45-year-old male from Powassan, has been arrested and charged with:
- Assault Causing Bodily Harm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Careless Storage of a Firearm
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance - Methamphetamine and
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance - Cocaine
The accused is being held pending bail.
Officers from the Powassan OPP and the North Bay OPP Detachment Crime Unit attended the scene.