Got vaccine certificate questions?
Here are answers to many common ones from the local Health Unit.
Effective September 22, Ontario has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate program for many non-essential businesses.
You can get a certificate online by going to Ontario.ca/ProofOfVaccination, or by visiting the Health Unit’s website. Those requiring help downloading or printing their vaccine receipt, can call the Health Unit’s call centre at 1-844-478-1400.
Businesses requiring proof of vaccination include:
- Indoor areas of restaurants, bars, and other food and drink establishments without dance facilities.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of food or drink establishments with dance facilities, including nightclubs, restoclubs, and other similar establishments.
- Indoor areas of meeting and event spaces with limited exceptions.
- Indoor areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities, including waterparks, and personal physical fitness training with limited exemptions;
- Includes gyms, fitness/sporting/recreational facilities, pools, leagues, sporting events, waterparks, and indoor areas of facilities where spectators watch events.
- Indoor areas of casinos, bingo halls, and other gaming establishments.
- Indoor areas of concert venues, theatres, and cinemas.
- Indoor areas of bathhouses, sex clubs and strip clubs.
- Indoor areas of horse racing tracks, car racing tracks and other similar venues.
- Indoor areas where commercial film and TV productions take place with studio audiences.
Although some of the receipts do have watermarks, watermark is not required. Businesses must verify if the receipt is either:
- An Ontario receipt issued at the time of vaccination or downloaded after.
- A receipt signed by an Indigenous Health Provider OR
- A receipt from another jurisdiction that shows the holder is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on the COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate program visit www.myhealthunit.ca.