North Bay Police Service
Domestic Violence Awareness Campaign
The North Bay Police Service, City of North Bay and the Nipissing Transition House have partnered to develop a community focused domestic violence awareness campaign.
ONE PLEDGE is a community wide initiative to have citizens sign a pledge to put an end to domestic violence in our community.
Domestic violence takes a huge toll on our community. Our Police officers are responding to three or four domestic violence related calls everyday. The Nipissing Transition House is at or over capacity far too often. As a community we can begin the process of ending domestic violence in North Bay.
You can be part of the solution. By signing the pledge, either in person or online you will be joining with others in acknowledging the issue exists, deciding to step up when you can, and to encouraging others to join you in your personal stand against domestic violence crimes.
To sign the PLEDGE and read more go to: www.ONEPLEDGE.ca
There were 42 Domestic related occurrences that resulted in 22 people being charged with a total of 42 offences.
19 Males were charged: Assaults X 11, Assault with Weapon X 2, Breach of Recognizance X 6, Breach of Restraining Order X 1, Utter Threats X 5, Criminal Harassment X 3, Mischief X 5, Attempted Murder X 2, Dangerous Driving X 1, Drugs X 2
- 13 were held for bail, 6 were released on PTA/ Undertaking with a court date.
- 3 Females were charged: Assault X 2, Assault with a Weapon X 1, Utter Threats X 1.
- All 3 were released on PTA/Undertaking with a court date.
There were 77 domestic related occurrences that resulted in 20 people being charged with a total of 40 offences.
15 Males were charged: Assault X 13, Assault with a Weapon X 2, Sexual Assault X 1, Invitation to Sexual Touching X 1, Breach of Recognizance X 5, Breach of Undertaking X 2, Br. Probation X 3, Utter Threats X 1, Mischief X 4 Unlawfully in Dwelling X 1.
- 9 were held for bail, 6 were released on PTA/Undertaking with a court date.
- 5 Females were charged: Assault X 1, Br. Recognizance X 2, Br. Undertaking X 1, Breach Restraining Order X 2, Cause Disturbance X 1.
- 3 were held for bail, 2 were released on PTA/ Undertaking with a court date.
2013 Year End
In 2013 the North Bay Police Domestic Violence Coordinator identified 1,102 domestic related occurrences.
Two hundred and eighty- four (284) of those incidents involved criminal conduct.
A total of 284 people (234 men and 50 women) were charged with a total of 587 criminal offences.