Back on August 29, Temiskaming OPP officers and the North Bay Crime Unit, Technological Crime Unit and Child Sexual Exploitation Unit started an investigation into sexual offences that occurred from 2017 to 2018 by means of telecommunication in the Township of Armstrong, near New Liskeard.
As a result of the investigation, Thomas Lees, 29, from Toronto was arrested and charged with:
- Luring a person under 16 years of age by means of telecommunication
- Luring a person under 18 years of age by means of telecommunication
- Invitation to sexual touching under 16 years of age
- Sexual exploitation
- Transmit sexually explicit material to a person under 16 years of age
- Transmit sexually explicit material to a person under 18 years of age
- Access any child pornography
Lees has been released on a Recognizance of Bail with conditions and is scheduled to attend the Ontario Court of Justice on October 1, in Temiskaming Shores.