The Sunshine list was released today for public sector employees making more than $100,000 in 2018.
See the complete list here.
To the relief of Mayor Al McDonald and City Council, former CAO Jerry Knox doesn't top the list, in fact, this time he's not even on it. This time it is fired CAO Keith Robicheau at #1 having earned $213, 163.
Interim CAO Dave Euler comes in at $170, 031, while retiring Police Chief Shawn Devine made $210, 942.
Here's some other top earners at the city.
- Scott Tod, Deputy Chief $183,688
- Mike Hunter, Staff Sgt. $176,325
- Margaret Karpenko, Chief Financial Officer, $170,031
- Lea Janisse, Chief of Human Resources $170,031
- John Severino, Dir, of Engineering $170,031
- Peter Leckie, City Solicitor, $154,479
The list also contains the salaries of Canadore, Nipissing, school boards, hospitals, and other public institutions.
It's an eye-popper.
See last year's story: Plenty of area employees on provincial Sunshine List...one big surprise!
Here's a selection from Canadore:
- George Burton, President $245,552
- Shawn Chorney, VP Enrolment $168,000
- Martin Galvin, Dean of Aviation $132,723
- Mary O'Farrell Bowers, VP Academics, $184,118
- Richard Peters, VP Finance, $168,000
Here's a selection from Nipissing University:
- Nancy Black, Exec. Dir. Library $159,312
- Amir Erfani, Professor, $156,972
- Dave Hemsworth, Professor, $162,769
Here's a selection from North Bay Regional Hospital:
- Paul Heinrich, Pres. $362,117
- Ken Boss, Psychiatrist, $438,018
- Patricia Achiume, Psychiatrist, $271,673