OPP News Release
The Almaguin Highlands Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is looking for a person who is interested in a summer employment position in the OPP Marine Program.
As an operational position within the OPP Marine Program
- candidates must be: 18 years of age,
- possess a pleasure craft operators card
- minimum Ontario G2 driver’s licence and
- CPR and First Aid qualifications
- strong swimming abilities
- good communication skills with positive demeanor and professional appearance
- previous boating experience would be an asset
While working with an OPP marine officer, the successful candidate will learn and gain exposure to the field of law enforcement through hands-on experience in our marine program.
The successful candidate will learn marine safety and related legislation, boat maintenance, prepare reports and interact with the public as a representative of the OPP.
For more information on the marine program you may contact the detachment, however for the job application you must visit the website at, http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEP.asp summer experience program or go to the career pages of www.oppa.ca
The posting for the marine assistant position is available for application February 14 - March 2, 2014.