The Nipissing University Student Union (NUSU) has initiated a campaign to provide various groups within North Bay resources to benefit them. ’12 Days of Giving’, is an initiative that will provide students at the North Bay Campus an opportunity to donate items needed around the community says NUSU in a news release.
“One of the things we’ve been focusing on this year at NUSU is pushing philanthropy, community and kindness to our students in hopes that it causes a ripple effect in their jobs, families and hometowns”, said Sarah McGowan, NUSU Director of Communications. “12 Days of Giving was an idea I happened to come across online and I thought this is something our city, and campus, could use.”
The NUSU Office contacted multiple locations around North Bay asking what kind of items they are looking for to help their members. The locations include Community Living, The Warming Centre, North Bay Humane Society, and Amelia Rising.
NUSU VP Governance and Legal Affairs, Jordan Dempster, feels that this time of year puts things into perspective for many people.
“This campaign allows us to reach out to folks who are struggling this holiday season. This season is a time of giving, and we felt this was a perfect opportunity to help our community, both on and off campus.”
Items can be dropped off to the locations listed below or to the NUSU Office, Room F205 at the Nipissing University Campus. The NUSU Office is open from 8:30am-4:30pm, Mondays thru Fridays.
To find out more information please contact Sarah McGowan by emailing email@example.com or by calling 705.474.3450 x 4303.
The Warming Centre
- Hats, mittens, scarves and socks
- Towels, face cloths, bed sheets, blankets and socks
Low Income People Involvement of Nipissing
- Toys for age group 1-16, Mandala colouring books and boys items
- Women’s clothing, hygiene products and food
North Bay Regional Health Centre
- Mittens, hats, scarves and pajamas (new items and for adults only)
Near North Palliative Care
- Books, clothes, packages to give to caregivers (including tea, CDs, puzzle books, hand lotions and adult colouring books)
North Bay Humane Society
- Blankets, pet toys, pet food, and cleaning supplies
- Annual Christmas party donations, and gifts for teenage boys new to Canada
Nipissing Transition House
- Hairspray, mousses, conditioners, make-up and nail polishes
The Gathering Place
- Hats, mittens, socks and scarves
Big Brothers & Big Sisters of North Bay
- Toys for bigger children
Nipissing University Student Union (NUSU) Food Bank
- Non-perishable food items