Second Saturday Stories is looking for ambitious writers. Whether you’re a pro at producing published work or are a weekend warrior chipping away at your work In progress, we want to hear from you.
BayToday.ca has always believed a community is just as important as the news that makes it, and putting the spotlight on local writers is a great way to showcase the amazing talent of North Bay and the surrounding area.
How does it work?
- Interested writers submit a work of 6,000 words or less on the theme of “A Winter Mystery” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Starting in January 2023 BayToday.ca will feature selected submissions in the Second Saturday Stories Column.
- Along with the written work, writers are to include a short (200 word max) outline of their submission (what’s it about? what do they want audiences to know first about it? and what was the inspiration behind the work?)
- All styles of writing are welcome.
- Deadline for submissions is December 22, 2022
What’s in it for the writer?
- Writers featured in Second Saturday Stories will be given detailed analytics on how many views their work receives over a 48 hour period to understand the initial reach and audience their work generates.
- All writers submitting work receive feedback from an experienced columnist on editing, development, and exploration of work.
- Featured writers get the exposure of having their work read in a medium accessed by thousands of people.
- Featured writers (if applicable) can include links to personal websites where they are selling their writing in order to generate readership and sales.
- All rights to writing pieces published on Baytoday.ca remain entirely in the hands of the submitting writer. Submitting work here doesn’t mean you can’t submit it elsewhere for publishing.
- Establish a connection with fellow writers of the North and help grow this great group of creatives in our city and surrounding area.
If you are an experienced writer looking for a new avenue to direct people to your work, or if you’re a new writer wondering if anyone would be interested in reading your work, we want to hear from you.
Writers with questions are encouraged to reach out to Mark at email@example.com
Is this theme not your thing? Don’t worry, there will be more calls for submissions in the new year. Happy writing!
Read below for a previously featured author in Second Saturday Stories.